For our regular Forum 3000 event this month, Thursday 3rd May, we invite you to meet with representatives from the Melbourne Metro Tunnel project.
The Cross Yarra Partnership (CYP) has been appointed by the Melbourne Metro Rail Authority (MMRA) to build the tunnels and stations for the Metro Tunnel Project. This includes the Town Hall Station which will connect to Flinders Street Station and the State Library Station which will connect to Melbourne Central Station.
At the meeting MMRA will provide a general update on works completed to date, including the early works in the city. CYP will provide an overview of their station designs, the program including a high-level timeline for delivery of the tunnels and stations in the CBD and a look ahead to upcoming works.
The guest speakers in attendance at the meeting will be:
- Jodie Barrington – Cross Yarra Partnership
- Emmett Ahern – Melbourne Metro Rail Authority
- Tye Norman – Melbourne Metro Rail Authority
- Barry McGuren – Melbourne Metro Rail Authority
- Lina Baulo – Melbourne Metro Rail Authority
The event will take place in the convivial surroundings of the Kelvin Club where you can avail yourselves of their high class bar and our usual refreshments following the talks.
As an addition at this Forum 3000 event one of our special prizes will be drawn.
Win a special Prize
Two door prizes are to be drawn at selected Forum 3000 Events.
The first prize to be drawn at the next event (May 3rd) is a dinner for two at an exceptionally special venue in the Dandenongs.
The second prize to be drawn later in the year is a scenic flight over Melbourne in a light plane ex Essendon Airport.
Note that the prizes are only available to Residents 3000 Members.
The timing for this coming Forum 3000 event is:
- Arrival and registration at 6pm.
- Presentations begin at 6:30pm.
- Address: 14-30 Melbourne Place (off Russell Street).
- Current Members: No charge.
- Guests welcome: $5.00 to cover costs.
Best regards to all from the R3000 Committee