Update – 30 July 2020
Residents 3000 August Event: Meet the City of Melbourne CEO
We are pleased to announce that the August meeting of Residents 3000 will be conducted at our scheduled time of 6pm on Thursday 6th August 2020. However, the meeting will be via Zoom as it is not yet feasible to meet in person.
Our guest speaker will be Justin Hanney, the CEO of the City of Melbourne. Justin is not only the most senior officer in the City of Melbourne, he has also been a resident of the CBD for several years.
Justin’s early career included two years as a Youth Worker at the Collingwood Highrise Estate. He then progressed his professional life through a range of management and leadership roles in local government. From 2008 to 2018 Justin was appointed to several senior roles in the State Government coming to City of Melbourne after four years as the Lead Deputy Secretary, Economic Development, Employment and Innovation at the State Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions. He commenced his role at City of Melbourne in January 2019 and has steered the organisation through many challenges including a major organisational re-structure and the current issue of dealing with COVID-19. No doubt the future of our city in the post-pandemic era will bring even more challenges.
Please register your interest in participating in our Zoom meeting as soon as possible as numbers are limited. You can do so by emailing email@example.com Post registration you will be sent the link to the meeting and other advice.
The Zoom meeting room will be ‘open’ from 6pm, with the session starting promptly at 6.10pm. We will be recording this session and will provide the link to the recording via the Residents 3000 website and Facebook page.
We would like this to be an interactive session and so welcome your questions in advance via the above email. In addition, there is a chat function within Zoom that you can use to make comments or ask questions during the course of the evening. With a large number of people online it will be important to keep your microphone on mute and only open it when asked to do so.
Stay well. We look forward to seeing many of you on Zoom in August.
Residents 3000 Group
Residents 3000 members, guests and friends meet for our Forum 3000 events on the first Thursday of each month from 6pm to approximately 8:00pm at the Kelvin Club, 14-20 Melbourne Place. Most evenings the committee organises a speaker or some other event. The list below is indicative of our plans for 2020. This page will be updated as and when the posted events or their replacement are confirmed. The list below has been formulated as a result of members feedback and your committee is endeavouring to finalise arrangements in the near future.
- 6th February 2020 – Melbourne Transport Strategy & Metro Tunnel update (Completed)
- 5th March 2020 – Property Market Update with Hockingstuart/Belle Properties (Completed)
- 2nd April 2020 – Marketplace – Neighbourhood Day event with City of Melbourne and City Precinct and market stall holders (Cancelled)
- 7th May 2020 – Meet your local representatives – Local MP Ellen Sandell, Federal MP Adam Bandt and Northern Metropolitan MP Fiona Patten
- 4th June 2020 – Meet City of Melbourne CEO Justin Hannes
- 2nd July 2020 – Liquor Licencing Education – City of Melbourne and Victorian Police
- 6th August 2020 – 150 years of City of Melbourne Town Hall – discussion with heritage architect and historian Peter Barrett
- 3rd September 2020 – AGM with Lord Mayor – Sally Capp
- 1st October 2020 – Meet the candidates for Lord Mayor elections
- 5th November 2020 – Trivia Night
- 3rd December 2020 – Social Night to celebrate the end of year and the festive season
Watch this space as your committee further develops our activities aimed at informing, connecting and supporting the CBD resident community.